Saturday, July 30, 2016

Interview with Anne from fANNEtastic Food!

I am very excited about this week's post!  Do you know why...?!

Because I have received the opportunity to interview Anne from fAnnetastic Food!  I found Anne's blog several months back and have been a devout reader ever since.  Her quality of her writing and pictures are fabulous!  Not to mention those recipes and fitness tips!...Click the link above to check it out!

So, without further adieu, let's jump right in! Take it away Anne!

Can you tell the readers about yourself and your blog?
Hi! I'm Anne, a Registered Dietitian with a Masters of Public Health in Nutrition from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I started my blog back in 2009 as a way to show others that eating healthy and staying active didn't have to be hard or stressful - and can even be fun!  


Describe how you first got into blogging about nutrition.
I was a career changer - I worked in communications/writing for 5 years before deciding to go back to grad school to become a dietitian - and I started my blog just as I was starting my prereqs for grad school. I wanted a place to share my journey going back to school and following my dreams - and a place to share all my recipes, health tips, and fitness and travel adventures, too!

With running a private practice and keeping a blog going strong, what is your #1 tip for managing time?
This is a hard one - I'm always juggling a lot of different projects - but I find trying to stick with a typical work schedule is key for me, even though I work for myself and technically could work whenever I wanted. I also tend to do certain types of work at different times of day based on my energy levels. So for example, in the morning I do emails and quick writing - such as my lifestyle type blog posts. In the afternoon, when I feel caught up on email/pressing items, I close all the other windows on my computer and spend time writing more in depth posts. I try to schedule my client meetings on the same days, too, so I have bigger blocks of time free for writing on my non-client days. 

What is your favorite health topic to write about (i.e. food, fitness, etc.) and why?
Probably fitness! I enjoy writing about food and sharing recipes, but I really love writing about fitness adventures - especially anything involving the great outdoors, like hiking trips or fun running adventures!

Do you have a specific project or event you are working on that you can share? 
I just launched a 6 week intuitive and mindful eating virtual group program (www.JoyfulEatingProgram.com) with 2 fellow dietitians. The first session was earlier this summer - and we'll be hosting our second session in October. It's been fun to collaborate with others vs. always working solo!

Where can we find you? (social media, website, etc.)
Blog: www.fANNEtasticfood.com Social media: @fANNEtasticfood

When you are not blogging or counseling clients, what do you enjoy doing most?
Being outside! Hiking, running, exploring!

If you could offer someone your best health tip in just one sentence, what would it be?
Spend more time in nature - and eat your veggies!      


Thank you so much, Anne for taking the time to share a bit about yourself!

If you or someone you know is a nutrition or fitness professional with his or her own blog, and would like to be featured here, please contact me and leave a link to the website and/or blog.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment