Monday, July 25, 2016

5 Places to Eat Vegan at Universal Studios/Disney Springs!

Fi friends!
If you follow my Instagram, you may have noticed that my hubby and I, along with my parents, were recently on a vacation! We recently got back home from our first trip to Universal Studios!!  If you are a Marvel of Harry Potter fan (like we are...), this must make your bucket list! We spent 4 days at the park and two of them were spent mostly in Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley!!

I tried to take as many pictures of the food I ate as I could, but sometimes I was just too hungry or the lighting was of...However, I did manage to get some amazing foodie pictures for you! Warning, if you are hungry, grab a snack; if you are not hungry, you may be after reading this post!


Diagon Alley:

  • Leaky Cauldron- Ploughman's platter (serves 2)- sans the Scotch eggs or the Vegetable Platter (not on the menu)- salad with dressing of choice (Italian or lemon slices for vegan option), roasted beet salad, slices of bread (Lighting is really dark, so none of my pictures turned out...)
  • Pumpkin Juice- pumpkin puree, apple juice, and apricot juice...nuf said
  • Butterbeer- the actual soda is vegan, but the topping is not...I have a delicious vegan version to share this Fall!!

Hogsmeade:


  • The Three Broomsticks- Most sides are vegan like steamed veggies, baked potato, and corn on the cob!

Luigi's Pizza:


  • They have a pasta with marinara and a minestrone soup!

Mythos Restaurant:

  • Located in Universal's Islands of Adventure, this restaurant has won "best theme park restaurant" for 6 years!  They do offer two vegan options; a Pad Thai and a wonderful Hummus Platter (may be seasonal) served with a fennel salad and olives!

Disney Springs:

  • Erin McKenna's Bakery is a vegan and Gluten free bakery!  I tried the brownie cupcake with vanilla frosting and it was so moist and delicious!  You would never know it was both vegan and gluten free!

  • B.B. Wolf - has an Italian Veggie Sausage that is made with eggplant and is served with peppers and marinara and homemade pickles!



And of course fresh fruits and veggies are sold at kiosks around all parks.

Most of these items I would not eat on a regular basis, but it is more than okay every now and then (aka it is vacation after all...).  It also goes to show that there are plenty of vegan options at theme parks, you may just have to ask and/or get creative.

If you've been to Universal or Disney, let me know of some of your favorite vegan foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment