Thursday, January 16, 2014

Smoothie of Love

I know, I know it not February yet...don't worry I'm not one to get caught up in the Hallmark holiday, but this smoothie just screamed love!  It tastes great and it's great for you!  Drink this smoothie any time of year to help your body to be strong, healthy, and happy.

I really got the idea to make this smoothie simply because I have a huge bag of cranberries that need to be eaten and I'm just not feeling juicing them.


 How beautiful is that??!!  Because of the ingredients, the smoothie of love can get bitter and / or have a bit of extra texture if you do not have a very powerful blender.  This is simply due to the hard nature of cranberries and gritty texture of pears, no big deal my friends, no big deal at all.  In fact, as someone who generally can not stand texture in smoothies, I gulped this one down like a champ! (It probably helped that I was REALLY hungry after working out too...)

MMMM...

So here's the recipe and feel free to play around with the ingredients to suit your own palate.  Be sure to use ripe bananas (that means they have a few brown speckles on them).  Your smoothie will be plenty sweet then.  But alas, if it is not sweet enough for you, you can add a few dates or other sweetener of choice.

Smoothie of Love:  serves 1

  • 2-3 medium bananas
  • 1 c fresh cranberries
  • 1 large pear
    • Peel bananas,  core the pear, and add to the blender with the cranberries.
    • Add 2-3 cups of water and a handful of ice cubes
    • Blend until smooth and enjoy!!
If you do try this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment below letting me know what you think.

Luana ola!

p.s.  My friend Annie (another blogger whom I will be sharing her blog with you soon!) will be starting a YouTube channel soon!!  Keep checking in and leaving comments to find out more!






No comments:

Post a Comment