Friday, November 22, 2013

On being Thankful.

I don't know about you, but this time of year always warms my heart.  There is something about the changing weather, warm beverages, and knowing that you will be spending time with those you love that brings out a certain glow in people.  Have you ever noticed it?

People seem to smile more, they laugh easier, and seem to be all together more cheery.

Although I have not written a post in almost a month now, (my apologies...) due to being on the verge of being completely overwhelmed, something inside me has kept me sane and level headed.  Now, let it be known that my wonderful boyfriend helped a lot by reminding me to make lists and take it one step at a time, but I also believe that the warmth of this season (i.e. being thankful) has helped it along as well.

So, here's what being thankful is to me:

  • that warm-fuzzy feeling
  • hugging a loved-one
  • hand-writing a letter or giving them a call
  • sharing a home-prepared meal 
  • giving for the sake of giving, without expecting something in return

Let me know what being thankful is to you in the comments below, so we can all share in the warmth of this holiday season together!

Luana ola!

p.s. starting December 1st, I will be posing more nutrition information (for your benefit as well as a study mechanism for myself!...a friend gave me that idea...you know who you are :)


No comments:

Post a Comment