Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween!! Cooking for 75 people!

I hope you all had a magical and safe Halloween last night!

I spent my evening in a class called RecipeBox.  Every Thursday night, my classmates and I put together a dinner event for the community.  The 3-course meal is $10 and the meal is planned, cooked, and served to the guests by my classmates and myself.

Last night was my partner (Marina) and my night and to celebrate, her boyfriend as well as my boyfriend and family came (in addition to about 40 more people!)
To keep with the theme of Halloween, we made a pumpkin soup with boba (black tapioca aka spider eggs), falafel zombie eyes with black rice tabbouleh and carrot fingers, and a sinister pear upside-down cake with chocolate drizzle.  It was all vegan too!  Thanks Marina for going vegan for this meal with me!

It was a lot of work, stress, and a big undertaking but we pulled it off and got some great feedback.


 Below is our registration table!  Do you think they planned to both wear hats??
 Some of our front of the house!
 Here's our entire crew, you guys did great!!
 And we definitely couldn't have pulled it off without the help of our teachers, who guided the way.  Thanks Chef Rhonda and Prof Ann!
If you couldn't tell, we had a great night of good food and hectic fun.  I hope your Halloween was spooktacular as well!

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment