Monday, December 12, 2011

Working Out

My first day back on the exercise train and it feels amazing!  For some reason, that I still need to analyze, I have not been in the "mood" to work out.  I have just been going for short walks with a good friend and not doing much else.  I used to be either in the gym or just being active all the time.  I did lose a lot of weight and I was tired much of the time, due to lack of calories.  I am glad to say that I am back within my healthy weight range (although I'd like to lose about 5 pounds).  What I really want is to gain my muscle tone back.  After all that unhealthy dieting over the summer (I got waaaay to skinny), I lost so much muscle mass that it is hard for me to even do 10 push ups in a row without taking a short pause at the top.

Today, I did some running and light lifting.  I don't want to push myself too far, but I fulfilled my hour workout (from warm up to cool down).  It is honestly not that hard to schedule a workout, it's getting the motivation to start. I have come to find that although I really enjoy working out with other people, it is truly the motivation that comes from within that gets you through it.  By my 23rd birthday, it is my goal to be working out 7 days a week again.  I now know that I am truly in my prime, working at my best, and ultimately happy and satisfied if I workout every day.  I thought that I could find other ways to relieve stress, but that lack of working out actually ended up taking a toll on my emotional health.  I am feeling so good right now!

On top of all of this good news, Andrew also started his new job today at Wilton!  I am so proud of him for finding a career that can really take him places.  Although I am sad to say that we will not be going to Hawaii as soon as we thought, it is truly a blessing for both of us to be working towards our future together.

I am so thankful for all the people who put up with me as I was going through the crazy things that I have to go through in order to figure out my life.  I am one of those people who has to figure out life lessons on my own.  If someone was to tell me how to do something, I would try it and possibly even believe them; but I would have to ultimately go through ups and downs before finally figuring out teh right path.  (And 9 times out of 10, the people telling me the life lesson is right, I just need to figure it out for myself.)

Luana ola!  and be grateful for everything you have to offer

No comments:

Post a Comment