Monday, December 19, 2011

Pita Chips

I have just created some of the best (both healthy, tasty, and inexpensive) pita chips around.  Yes, if you are a Stacy's Pita Chip lover, like myself, you just might convert to making your own as well!

While buying some groceries today, a thought crossed my mind...We're out of pita chips!  Knowing that a bag of Stacy's (our absolute favorite) would set us back about $3 to $4 for a half-filled bag, I bypassed the chip isle and continued shopping.  Just before the checkout is the bakery, where they sell whole wheat pita bread for $0.99 (you get 10 loaves in the bag)!  I can never pass up this deal because Andrew absolutely adores pita bread, and this was the perfect time to try out my improv skills.  So I bought 2 bags; one for chips, and one of him to take to work as bread for lunch (a whopping total of $2 for 20 loaves!!!...can you tell I love a good deal)

For dinner, I have cooked up some kale and baked the pita loaves.  350 degrees F for about 20 minutes, flipping half way.  I cut each loaf into bite size pieces, sprayed with cooking oil and sprinkled a little salt on them because the loaves are salt free.  Besides making the house smell amazing, the chips turned out nice and crunchy!  My plan is to dip them in hummus and have the greens on the side.

Well, Andrew should be getting home shortly.  I can't wait to surprise him!!

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment