Friday, March 11, 2016

Lemon Poppyseed Overnight Oats

According to my Instagram, you all wanted the recipe for the Lemon Poppyseed Overnight Oats I made the other day!

Well, I had them again this morning and made the recipe even better be adding in a secret ingredient!...Almond!!

Since it is nearing spring-time, I am starting to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables (instead of frozen/cooked), dress in brighter clothes, and just feel more alive all together! Does this happen to you too? 

The inspiration for this recipe came from that feeling of being alive.  Lemons have that pungent flavor and taste like spring to me, so I tend to start squeezing lemon juice on everything this time of year! Honestly, I put the ingredients together, hoping for something at least half way edible, and it turned out amazing!!

Lemons are so good for our bodies.  They are full of phytonutrients (like vitamin C) that are good for boosting the immune system, and antioxidants that help to neutralize free radicals and reduce inflammation.

Like many recipes, if you do not like a certain ingredient or would like more (or less) sweetener, feel free to change it up and make it your own. 

Also, if you haven't heard...I am asking for 10 people to be part of my up-and-coming online nutrition community!  It is 100% FREE and will be during the month of June.  This is the beta-version, which is why I am keeping the group small.  It is only required that you participate in two 1 hour Q&A sessions during the month.  We will be going over all-things nutrition and health! Click here to submit an entry if you'd like to be part of this community!!


No comments:

Post a Comment