Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Smoothie Update and Weekend News

Well, this weekend was a bit of a doosey...so I apologize ahead of time...

I did make my living pumpkin smoothie on Saturday, but let me back up a bit and explain why there are no pictures.  Saturday was nice.  It was chilly, a little overcast, and there were some great conversations over breakfast before heading to Xsport for my Vinyasa class at 11:30 (if you are in the area, you should come!)  After class, we went back to the condo to unpack more boxes and keep moving in (YES!  we moved!  pictures coming soon!).  I made the pumpkin smoothie, turned off the power, and as I unplugged the chord from the outlet, I got burnt!  Luckily, no electricity came through me, but I have an oh so lovely burn/blister on my right index finger!  Needless to say, there were no pictures taken due to the circumstances; although I do wish I would have gotten some of my finger, the first three were black from soot, but only the index one got the burn.  Thank goodness it was fairly minor and my mom, dad, and Mamaw (grandma) were there for support and love.  My finger is doing much better now and I have full function, maybe even a scar.

After my family knew I was okay and stable, they had to drive back home to do some volleyball work.  So, Andrew and I went to his mom's house to say hi.  Not even 30 minutes after we left her house (on our way to grab a bite to eat from Mariano's), she called Andrew and told him to come back as the yard was on fire!  Talk about a crazy day!  By the time we called 911 and got back to her house, the fire was out, but the electrical wire was still live and snapped in half in their yard (that's what caused the quick fire).  So, we hung around to make sure everyone was okay and that all things were taken care of before heading back home to get our internet set up.

I am so happy to say that Sunday was so much better!  No accidents, or injuries of any kind...just a beautifully perfect fall day.  After my 8:30 am Power yoga class, we did more shopping and moving in.

Now I am up to my waist in research, papers, and studying for classes (luckily it's not up to my nose...YET!)  Check back later this week for an update on my fun projects and get ready to learn about nutrition!

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment