Thursday, November 10, 2011

Snow!

I am no longer counting the days because it has finally become easier for me to resist sweets!  I feel so good and I know I will make it the rest of the month.  I am still not eating any sweets for Thanksgiving (I know, it feels crazy to me too, but it is something I have to do).  I will allow myself to eat sweets begining December 1st, but I know I will have gained more self-control.  As I said before, dessert should be something to enjoy with family and friends for a special occasion, not every night.

Well, it's official, the first snow came today.  Although it only lasted about 5 minutes, it was enough to blanket the ground in white.  The good news is that it is already gone!  The ground is still warm, so the snow melted before noon.  I am just not ready for cold weather and snow yet!

I apologise for not posting every day like I said I would, but school work has been busy and has me all tied up.  Andrew is coming to my parents' house this weekend, starting today (he does not have to work on Veterans Day) so I will be making him some split pea soup either tomorrow or Saturday!  Be prepared for a post with pictures of hot soup and fresh bread.

Stay warm out there!

Luana ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment