Thursday, May 22, 2014

Chili "Rice"

Sorry, but there are no pictures for this recipe because by the time I decided I wanted to write a post for this recipe, I had already eaten it!!  Yep...it's that good.

I pretty much made this up as I went, so bare with me as I guess the amount of ingredients to use.  I'll also throw in some additional ingredients if you'd like to change up the flavors

Chili "Rice": (yield:  a lot!!)
1 head cauliflower
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1/2 c sun dried tomatoes
1-2 T chili powder
1 stalk celery (or salt to taste)

Place cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it resembles the texture of rice.  Set aside

In a high speed blender, add the tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, chili powder, and celery or salt.  Blend until well combined, adding water as necessary until your desired consistency is reached.  Eat!

You can also use a curry powder instead of the chili if you'd prefer a Middle Eastern flavor.  For an Italian twist, replace the chili with 1 t each oregano, thyme, and red pepper flakes.  Add any other fruits/veg you'd like:  avocado, olives, zucchini, bell peppers...and if you don't like cauliflower, too bad!!  Just kidding...you can substitute with actual rice, or any grain, beans, shredded zucchini/carrots.  The sky's the limit!

My favorite way of eating this is to make tacos out of it!  Take a few collard leaves (or any wrap of choice), smear on some hummus, add the rice mixture, and top with hot sauce!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment